Smoothie Cheat Sheet
Making your own smoothie is a great way to get some high quality nutrients in your diet without doing any cooking. They are a great option for busy times, while you’re on the go or when you don’t feel like cooking. Follow the outline below to get started. After you have made a few though, feel free to get creative and try new combinations!
Step 1. Pick a liquid.
· Unsweetened almond milk
Step 2. Pick a protein power
· Whey protein
· Plant based protein powder (rice, hemp, pea)
· Egg protein
· Plain Greek yogurt
Step 3. Pick a vegetable
· Spinach (the best – it will make the shake green but you won’t taste it)
Step 4. Pick a fruit.
· Frozen berries
· Frozen cherries
· Cored/sliced apple
· Banana or other tropical fruit
Step 5. Pick a healthy fat
· Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
· Peanut butter or any other nut butter
· Coconut oil
· Seeds (chia, flax, hemp)
Step 6. Pick an extra to enhance flavor/ change consistency
· Cacao nibs
· Cinnamon or other spices
· Plain yogurt (preferably Greek)
· Ice cubes (definitely add if using fresh fruit – add to increase thickness of frozen fruit smoothie)
Step 7. Blend!
If you have your own go-to smoothie, post it in the comments section below.